HEAT Squad at NeighborWorks of Western Vermont seeks a full time Energy Auditor located in the Northeast Kingdom to join the team to conduct energy audits in Orleans, Essex, and Caledonia counties. The auditor will listen to homeowners and business owners, and provide solutions to help save money, improve comfort, and address health and safety issues. They will work closely with the program manager, intake specialists, participating contractors, and outreach/marketing teams. This position requires knowledge of building science, energy usage, and basic understanding of construction. The ideal candidate will be an expert in the field who is friendly, organized, and committed to NeighborWorks of Western Vermont nonprofit mission of successful and sustainable homeownership.
- Conduct energy audits in residential and commercial buildings.
- Access and enter attics, basements and crawl spaces to take measurements, investigate conditions and assess possible solutions. Conduct combustion testing and infrared.
- Utilize audit reporting web-based software to produce reports on-site, and discuss the findings at the audit and enter data in the CRM software.
- Educate as well as promote the completion of energy efficiency improvements.
- Perform outreach and public speaking functions.
- 2 years of energy auditing experience or extensive construction experience.
- 2 BPI- certifications or willing to get certified (cost covered). BPI certification required within 6 mos. of hire.
- Strong customer service, sales and client relationship management skills and enthusiasm for energy conservation.
- Ability to work independently as well as function in a team setting.
- Reliable transportation and valid driver’s license. Travel is required throughout Essex, Orleans, Caledonia counties. Mileage reimbursed.
- Construction experience preferred, but not required.
- Familiarity with Vermont building code.
- Detail oriented with the ability to multitask.
- Effective verbal, phone, and written communication skills, computer skills a must.
- Competitive salary, vacation and holiday pay, full benefits.
To apply: Please send a cover letter, resume, and three professional references (titles, phone numbers, and email addresses) to Melanie Paskevich, HEAT Squad Program Manager, at email@example.com.