At your HEAT Squad Energy Audit, our team will help you determine:
Where you are losing heat
Is your insulation adequate
Where you are wasting electricity
Do you have health and safety concerns or issues
And you will receive your comprehensive energy report detailing the estimated energy savings, cost ranges, prioritized recommendations, and estimated incentives from Efficiency Vermont (up to $3,000 for homeowners and $5,000 for eligible businesses).
Additional Information about your Audit:
- HEAT Squad has BPI-certified Home Performance with Energy Star auditors on staff who keep your best interests at heart.
- Energy audits generally last between two and four hours. It is important that the decision makers be present at the time of the energy audit.
- Make sure you have a recent electric bill and a year’s worth of heating bills for all fuels on hand.
- Energy audits cost $150 for buildings up to 2,500 square feet in Rutland, Addison, Bennington, Windham, and Windsor counties (average cost: $300-$500). For each additional 500 square feet over 2,500 square feet, the cost increases by $100.
- We CAN audit some apartment buildings, duplexes, condominiums, modulars, second homes, small commercial up to 10,000 square feet, and rentals. From farmhouses to new construction, we can do it all.
- If you are a renter, please have your landlord call to schedule the audit.
Next Steps after your HEAT Squad Energy Audit:
We will help you identify the appropriate next steps to make your building more energy efficient, safe, comfortable, and affordable. We will connect you to an approved contractor to provide an estimate for the work you choose.
We even help you find financing to complete the project.